How to apply
This guidance contains important information to help with your application:
- Please apply by submitting a CV and Covering Letter (no more than four sides of A4 in length per document aligned to the person specification). Please also include your contact details.
- Please ensure all gaps in employment and education history are fully explained on your CV; we may wish to verify this information during the recruitment process.
- Please provide the details of two referees. Note that we will only approach referees for candidates proceeding to final selection and only with your permission. Please clearly indicate whether we can approach each referee before the selection date.
- Please ensure that you address the key requirements as set out in the person specification. These competencies will be used as part of the assessment process.
- Please complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form when you upload your details. We are keen to ensure that all our jobs are accessible to all members of the community and use this data to monitor our progress in doing this.
- Please return your application by the closing date – no applications will be accepted once the long listing process has begun.
- Following long listing, you will be contacted directly by a Penna consultant to update you on the status of your application.
The following timetable sets out the key dates in the recruitment process:
|Closing Date||Monday 10th October 2022|
|Longlist Meeting (client only) - to decide candidates taken forward||Thursday 20th October 2022|
|Technical Interviews||1st and 2nd November 2022 – Executive Directors
8th and 9th November 2022 - Service Directors
|Shortlist Meeting (client only) - to decide candidates taken forward||
W/C 7th November 2022 - Executive Directors
W/C 14th November 2022 -Service Directors
|Stakeholder Engagement Panels||
10th November 2022 – Service Director: Legal and Governance
11th November 2022 – Executive Director: Finance and Resources
22nd November 2022 – Executive Director: Place and Sustainability
23rd November 2022 – Service Director: Policy and Communities
5th December 2022 – Service Director: Legal and Governance
5th December 2022 – Executive Director: Finance and Resources
13th January 2023 – Executive Director: Place and Sustainability
13th January 2023 – Service Director: Policy and Communities
To apply, please click the relevant link below:
For an informal and confidential discussion, please contact our consultants at Penna:
- Executive Director: Place and Sustainability - Rob Naylor on 07922 417 550 or Rob.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Executive Director: Finance and Resources (S151 Officer) - Ali Tasker on 07514 728 114 or Ali.tasker@Penna.com
- Service Director: Legal and Governance (Monitoring Officer) - Aaron Thomas on 07709 505 403 or Aaron.email@example.com
- Service Director: Policy and Communities - Priyesh Bhadressa on 07548 108 176 or Priyesh.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to view the Council’s Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) in Employment Policy Statement you can download here.